Monday, September 15, 2014

Food

Food. Yes this entry will deal with food. I don't think I've ever had so much delicious food in my entire life. I don't think I've ever had such a wide variety of food either (when I return ask me about the goat and chicken hot pot). I had a small inkling of what to expect (from having visited Vietnamese restaurants in Utica) but I must say those meals came no where near to preparing me for the yummy ness of what I've experienced these past few days. For some reason I was under the impression that I would be losing weight on this trip, quite the opposite I'm afraid I may actually gain some considering the amount of food I've eaten.
Rach Gia is right on the coast, so obviously seafood is the preferred meat. You name it, I'm pretty sure I've had it over the past few days; shrimp, crab, squid, and numerous types of fish which have names that cannot be translated into English. In addition to seafood fresh vegetables are numerous as well. Except for the occasional lettuce or cabbage, most have names that cannot be translated either but rest assured they are delicious. I will be eating in the faculty dinning room and I have been told I need to inform the cook by 7 am if I will be eating because each morning she goes out and purchases fresh food for lunch and dinner.
Since words alone cannot describe the dishes (and a picture is worth a thousand words) I will leave you with a small sampling of images of the delicious meals I've enjoyed so far. 











No comments:

Post a Comment