Thursday, September 11, 2014

I am here.

I have done it. I have arrived in Vietnam. Impressions so far? 
1. I grew up in Southern California, in the desert. I also spent time in Argentina where summers are hot and humid. After a few hours here I don't think I knew what heat was. Mind you I arrived here at night when it was cooler. I am certainly going to have a different idea of what "hot" is. 
2. People are very friendly, I met several people in Newark and later in Hong Kong who were also traveling to Vietnam. It's like we formed a small clique, helping each other with luggage and finding gates. We all had our reasons for coming here; some for work, some were visiting family, one gentleman was coming for a cousin's wedding, most were returning home. But once we discovered each other, that was it. Everyone looked out for each other. 
3. It never ceases to amaze me how much can be accomplished with a smile, hand gestures, and pointing to words in a dictionary. 

This post will be short, hey I've been here only 6 hours, but to those who have asked Sandy; yes I'm here, I'm safe, and I'm anxious to explore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment